Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gallstones, Birthdays & Baby



Well, it's been an eventful few weeks for us. After being ill for quite a while, the doctors finally figured out I had gallstones (which apparently is common after pregnancy - go figure). After a few pretty painful attacks, I finally had surgery to remove my gallbladder last Friday. Everything went well, but the recovery was more painful than expected. I couldn't lift Ann Maxwell for three days, so many generous helpers came to stay with me and constantly hand her to me and pick her back up again. I'm much better now, though, and Mom and Dad came up last night to celebrate my birthday. We had a great dinner at home with all my favorites and the best ice cream cake I've ever had. All in all it was the best birthday ever because our sweet baby was here to celebrate with us. Here are a few recent pics.... There are also some newer ones on the slideshow.... Hope all is well with everyone out there. Thanks for checking in with us!





4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Emily! I'm sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, but I'm glad to hear that everything went well. Ann Maxwell is just getting cuter and cuter all the time and growing like a weed! She looks like you when she smiles! She's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has gotten so big! I'm starting to see some Cooke in her now. She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I'd originally said "Wow, she's almost grown...love the music" because "The Letter" by the Boxtops was playing in the background, and I thought that you had added oldies to the blog. Then I realized I had my cousin's blog open in another window and the song was playing on her blog instead of yours. Now yours is saying "post has been removed by user" which looks very awkward. I hate computers, but I love the new pictures. Move over, Little Bit. Ann Maxwell is the new queen of the castle.

    ReplyDelete