Thursday, January 28, 2010

First Steps! She Walks! (and more videos...)


January 26, 2010, 10:00 p.m. - Ann Maxwell takes her first (albeit shaky) steps! So exciting! It may not seem like much to anyone else, but these first steps were a very big deal in our house. I may seem silly in these videos, but seeing the joy and pride on Ann Maxwell's face made my heart swell!






I previously reported that Ann Maxwell claps every time she hears music. This still is true. Here's an example from Christmas....



I also previously wrote that Ann Maxwell now poses for pictures. Don't believe me? Check this out...



Ann Maxwell and her beloved Dolly.... If she can't find Dolly, Ann Maxwell goes searching for her.





With this new walking business I finally took Ann Maxwell to be fitted for sturdier shoes. Everyone recommended Jackson's Shoes in Collierville, and they did not disappoint! We had not one, but two experts measuring and fitting Ann Maxwell and double checking every shoe we tried on. We left with 3 pairs! It turns out she inherited my feet (poor child) and has a very wide foot with an extremely high arch. This sounds awfully familiar to me, as I have constantly battled shoe shopping demons my whole life. Anyway, Ann Maxwell wears a 3 EE! She likes her new shoes and was a real trooper trying them on, especially considering she missed her nap to do so. Please forgive the poor quality of these photos. I took them with my iPhone...

Ann Maxwell loved Ms. Gwen, who helped us out at Jackson's. However, when Mr. Jackson came over to check the fit of the shoes she got a little scared, poked out that bottom lip and reached for Mommy!

"Yep, these taste pretty good. I'll take this pair please."

Ann Maxwell in her first pair of "big girl" walking shoes - the traditional high-top lace-ups in white with pink flower accents. We also got some slip-on Keds and t-strap Mary Janes (Because of that high arch I mentioned traditional Mary Janes don't fit right. That's ok; I like ours better anyway!). So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment