This post is a little late (as usual), but Happy Ten Month Birthday Ann Maxwell! I've been up late writing music for an indoor percussion show, so I must be brief, but below are a bunch of photos taken over the past month or so. A few updates... Ann Maxwell is now cutting her first upper tooth (I found it two days ago); she is taking multiple steps on her own and unprompted; and she now says, "thank you," along with "Mama," "Dada," "Baby," "Bye-bye," and a really interesting version of "Little Bit." She is still the happiest baby I've ever seen. She loves photographs, her cat, trying things on her own, eating whatever Mommy is eating, and her new great love is dolls. In recent posts I've discussed "Dolly," which is still her favorite and is carried around by the pigtails only. However, she has added more dolls to her retinue. She mimics what I do with her dolls. For instance, I've been teaching her about facial features (i.e. pointing to my nose then her nose and saying the word). The other day I noticed Ann Maxwell sitting quietly with one of her dolls, touching its nose very delicately with one finger and "talking" to the doll. My heart just melted! It was the cutest thing ever! Ann Maxwell also LOVES her one and only TV show, Super Why. This show comes on PBS in the mornings and is great! I bought the only DVD that there is of it, and she watches it very intently. It the only thing she will watch on TV (with the exception of the opening credits of "The Office" - don't ask me why she loves that theme song!). Anyway, Super Why has two theme songs that are used in every episode, and Ann Maxwell dances to them both any time she hears then. Needless to say, I have become quite familiar with these tunes, as I sing them often to try to coerce her into eating, etc. She loves it so much I'm thinking of getting a Super Why birthday cake in a few short weeks!... That's right, Ann Maxwell's first birthday is only about 7 weeks away! I just can't believe it. I must not go into this now (there will be much more later I'm sure) because I must get to bed, but there is party planning happening at our house. I get emotional just thinking of celebrating this most wonderful of years, but for now I'll just enjoy the fact that my sweet baby is just TEN months old! Again, Happy Ten Months to Ann Maxwell!


No comments:
Post a Comment