Friday, March 27, 2009

Baby Coats Has A Birthday Planned!

We went to see the doctor and had an ultrasound this week. The baby is approximately 6 lbs., 2 oz., right now, and all looks healthy and right on track. All looked fine with me, too. My blood pressure was a little high, and I've had some swelling in my feet and legs, so the doctor said it was time to get out of the band business for a few weeks. Therefore, I am work-restricted and at home until the baby arrives, which will be... April 3rd! Because I have a pelvic bone structure that is apparently too narrow to safely pass the baby (ironic I know) and because she is still "extremely high" the doctor thinks it prudent to plan for a c-section. We set the date for April 3rd at noon, so pray for blessings that day and plan for a birthday party! We are extremely excited to have a date on the calendar (we're planners you know) and very thankful to have a doctor who has been so wonderful to us. It's bizarre to think that in one week we'll have a baby, but also comforting to plan and know that our families and lots of friends will be there to meet Baby Girl Coats and welcome her into the world.

It's very hard to believe that the end is so near. It has been a great pregnancy - so smooth and uncomplicated. We've been very, very blessed to have been able to enjoy it and share it with our friends, family, students, and co-workers. We've had a lot of support, and that has been so helpful. I miss my students already, even though it's only been two days. They go to competition on Monday, and it's killing me to not be there. The control freak in me is going into complete withdrawal, and I want so badly to be there with them. We're a team, and I feel guilty for not being there, though I must confess it was getting physically harder and harder to keep up with them this last week. I have left them in capable hands, and I know they'll be fine; I just don't know about me - haha!

I go back to the doctor between now and Friday to continue to monitor and check blood pressure, etc., so I will keep all posted if there are any changes. However, right now, we're planning on celebrating April 3rd! Please keep us in your prayers during this home stretch and especially on that day. Thanks to all!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck to ya'll. Please keep us posted.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I'll need you expert advice come November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April 3 is a great date! Tyler was born on April 4 and spring time is wonderful time to have a baby....for future birthday parties, Easter, etc. Plus by holiday time in December, she will be sitting up and look adorable in pictures. Emily, I know you and Chris will be the best parents! cannot wait to come see her someday this spring or summer.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You and Chris are meant to be parents. I can't wait to "come calling" and hold her!.
    Love,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!! We're so excited for you both! Can't wait to hear of a safe and healthy delivery and see her beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on Baby Anne Maxwell! Please post some pics as soon as you get some free time (not that you'll have a lot of that!)! I can't wait to see the beautiful new baby girl!

    ReplyDelete