Ann Maxwell can now say her name! (Sort of!) You'll have to watch to hear it. It's so cute! She also gives the sounds some animals make here. Although she knows many more, we stopped after a few because she was more interested in climbing all over me, which is her new favorite thing. She'll come up behind me when I'm bending down to pick up something and try to climb on my back. She tries to climb up my legs. When I'm sitting on the floor she runs full-speed and jumps on top of me or tries to climb on my shoulders. I keep telling her I'm not a jungle gym, but she just laughs at me and continues. I don't mind, though. I know one day she'll be too big for me to sweep up in my arms or carry around on my back. I'm in no hurry to retire from being her favorite toy!
I almost forgot to mention... Ann Maxwell is turning into quite the little mommy. The other day when it was naptime she brought a babydoll to bed with her. She laid the doll on its tummy, patted its back, whispered to it in a soothing fashion, and then gave it the sweetest kiss. Once all this was done Ann Maxwell relaxed enough to take her nap. She had to put her baby to bed first! It was a heart-melting moment! She has also begun washing a babydoll in the tub every night and pushing one around in her little grocery cart. It makes my heart swell to think that she's mimicking more than just my words these days, but also how I care for her. It's a reminder that we teach her with every single thing we are!
This is THE cutest thing I have ever seen.
ReplyDelete