Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Blurbs...

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted.  I know I'm in serious danger of losing my title as a "good poster" in Sara's eyes, but what can I say?  I've been a bit busy and technologically impaired.  In one week, my computer, my car battery, my camera, my garbage disposal, and my vacuum cleaner all either died, malfunctioned, or needed repair.  I think I might be cursed!  Anyway, I'm on the road to getting everything back in working order, but until then here are some photo blurbs from the summer.  Ann Maxwell is still growing like a weed.  She talks all the time, and her annunciation is rapidly improving.  She's getting more curly copper blonde hair, and she's fast becoming a little lady.  She almost always says, "please," and "thank you," without prompting these days, and we're working on "sorry" for when she mischievously dumps out the cat food or treats snacks like confetti!  She's such a happy, loving child.  I can't get over how blessed we are to have her!  That being said, I do think we're hitting the outskirts of the terrible twos a little early.  There have been a few tantrums lately (not too many and mainly when she's tired), but she's definitely testing her limits and learning to express herself more and more.  Mostly, though, she's happy and constantly on the move.  I've had so many people tell me they've never seen a child move as much as she does.  We started classes at Little Gym recently.  Because she's advanced the instructors agreed to put her in a class with children a bit older than her.  She's younger than the other kids by 4-12 months, but she's holding her own.  At our first class mothers of other toddler girls told me they were astonished at her energy.  Some even gave me the sympathetic "poor you, you must never get a minute" face.  I never do get a minute, but that's perfectly ok.  I love having a little ball of energy because I know it comes from a genuine curiosity about life and joy!  Ann Maxwell has definitely become a little blur around the house, so much so that it's hard for me to get a decent picture anymore!  Anyway, I promise more traditional posting soon, but for now... 

At a family reunion at Papaw and Cici's house.  AMC is wearing her "ma-maid" outfit, a.k.a. mermaid.

Reading a book with Daddy.  AMC loves animals, and this is one of her favorite books.  She can now say the name or sound of over 25 animals.

Ok, this picture makes me proud.  My mom found an old marching band kit that I had as a child.  AMC LOVES it!  She especially loves the drum, which she puts on and marches around the house playing.  When I took her to band practice a few weeks ago, she was delighted and demanded I let her run around on the field with the big kids!

Shaking her maracas


Climbing is a new hobby of Ann Maxwell's.  She climbed in this toy shopping cart and looked at me like it was a very normal place to sit.

When she suddenly stood up I put the camera down and promptly hid the shopping cart.

Still very interested in the phone, Ann Maxwell has pretend conversations all the time.  Here she is "talking" on my iPhone, wearing her favorite Sesame Street friends t-shirt and a "necklace" (elastic hair band) she insists on wearing all the time.

Also in her marching band kit is a set of cymbals.  While they don't bother me a bit, I think Chris finds the quieter toys more appealing. 

Earlier in the summer we went swimming at Ellen and Harrison's house.  These two are best buddies!

Also earlier in the summer we went to the zoo with Sha and Helen Grace Toohig.  The two girls had a blast!

Ann Maxwell is now old enough that I can say, "Last year at this time, we were..."  It doesn't seem possible, but it's true.  Here a few photos of a very little girl one year ago this week...

Still in the bouncy seat

Just starting to roll over

Not a huge fan of the Bumbo seat

Daddy giving lessons on how to roll over

AMC's very first ride in the stroller

She had mastered pulling her bib off

I was so proud of this picture last year because it showed the first signs of some hair on that tiny head!

No comments:

Post a Comment