Ann Maxwell was particularly fond of the goats at the petting zoo. When I gave her some food to feed them, though, she did NOT like them licking her hand! She decided she'd rather take the food and throw it over the fence to them. It was pretty funny!
Ann Maxwell LOVED the donkey. Every time we walked to another animal she would turn and look for the donkey, then run back to it shouting, "Donkey! Hee-Haw!" It was the only animal she would pet again and again.
Watching the "chicken show," a mechanical puppet country singing act... You just have to be there for this one!
Okay... Prepare yourself for these comparison photos - year-to-year....
| Riding the pony last year (2009) |
Riding the pony this year (2010)
She loved petting the pony's mane.
Clapping with joy about the pony.
More clapping... But then the joy stopped when the pony started moving. Ann Maxwell was not keen on this part of the ride process. She wanted to sit on the pony, pet the pony, talk to the pony, sing to the pony, hug the pony, but NOT ride a moving pony!
"Talking" to Mommy last year (2009)...
"Talking" to Mommy last year (2009)...
Talking to Mommy (in full phrases about the pumpkin she found!) this year (2010)...
Hayride to the pumpkin patch last year (2009)
Ride to the pumpkin patch this year, getting sleepy (2010)
Picking out the perfect pumpkin...
Checking out one of the candidates...
Finally the chosen one...
Checking it out from all sides...
Trying to pick it up (very determined!)...
Oops! That pumpkin is heavy!
One more try before letting Daddy take over the pumpkin-lifting duties...
Ann Maxwell was so happy just playing in the dirt...
Determined not to sit still for a photo!
Still not cooperating...
She said, "Cheese!" to everyone else with a camera, but me!
Finally a brief smile in the right direction
On the move again...
Playing helicopter in the pumpkin patch last year (2009)
Playing helicopter this year (2010)
Back at the pavilion Ann Maxwell got to pick out ONE baby pumpkin.
After some serious consideration and several exchanges, she chose THREE. I know, we're total suckers!
| Heading out last year (2009) |
Ann Maxwell leaving this year (2010) with her three beloved baby pumpkins...
I know it is a very simple thing to change as we get older, but as I look at these photos side-by-side I'm in complete awe. Our special little baby has become our special little girl, and it happened so very fast. So much has changed! It literally seems like a few weeks ago that we were headed to the pumpkin patch for the first time. I know I'll have these reflections every year as I watch Ann Maxwell change and grow. I'm thankful to already have family traditions to share together. I hope and pray earnestly that they will continue with the same joy and fun. They are among the most precious moments, and I know how lucky we are to have them!
P.S. My parents recently returned from a trip to the Northeast. Among their stops was Washington, D.C. They brought Ann Maxwell the perfect souvenir. Check out her t-shirt as she rides her (at-home) pony...
| Look out world! Future President indeed! |
No comments:
Post a Comment