Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Time Feeding Myself and Six-Month Check-up


Ann Maxwell is so independent! She wants to try to do everything by herself, so the other night I let her persuade me to allow her to try to feed herself cereal. She did well for a while until a giant spoonful went flying. It was pretty funny. We all laughed hysterically. By the time the meal was over there was cereal everywhere...on hands, feet, highchair, floor, hair, face, even on Daddy and Mommy...






All cleaned up and playing with Daddy...



Today Ann Maxwell had her six-month check-up and shots. She weighed 16 lbs., 14 oz., and was 26.25 in. long, both measurements in the 75th percentile. She got not one, not two, not three, but FOUR shots. She let the nurse know she was not happy, but as soon as I picked her up she settled down and has been such a trooper the rest of the evening. Here she is showing off one of her band-aids...


For supper tonight we went to McAlister's. For some strange reason Ann Maxwell decided the lady beyond the counter was hysterical. She started laughing at the lady playing peekaboo with her and couldn't stop. She laughed and laughed and laughed - harder and longer than I've ever seen her laugh. Ann Maxwell laughed so hard she had tears running down her face and eventually had to stop because she sent herself into a fit of coughing. When she recovered and wiped her eyes she laughed even more at the lady - a deep, loud belly laugh. It was the strangest thing. I wish I had a video camera. I had never seen her act that way for so long. Strangers were coming up to the counter from their tables to watch her laugh. It was completely out of the blue and so funny. Moments like this are why I want a new iPhone with video! (That's a not-so-subtle hint to my wonderful technology-impaired husband!)

No comments:

Post a Comment